Friday 10 October 2014

Blog Feedback

Blitz
WWW: A very good, detailed blog with some impressive analysis of media texts. Your 50 Cent advert analysis contains some thoughtful, relevant points. Excellent use of media language.

EBI: Think about paragraphing - it will help you add detail to your analysis and make sure you are exploring each aspect of the media text in enough detail. I'd also like to see more reflection on your Institution lesson. Are you using Twitter to keep up with news and media? It'll help you massively over the next couple of years.


LR: Reflect on your first month of AS Media. What is your strongest piece of work so far? What is your weakest? What specific skills or knowledge do you need to develop over the rest of the course?

Learner Response: One of the skills that I need to develop is further explaining my ideas. This will help me as it would ensure that I would produce in-depth, perceptive and detailed answers. Also, I have to develop how I write my answers and the syntax of my sentences. This will allow the examiner to be able to read and understand my writing as by improving this skill, it will increase the clarity in my answer(s). I also think that ensuring that I use keywords is an essential skill that I need to develop as it will make my answer more sophisticated as well as more easier to mark.

 In my opinion my best piece of work is the 50 Cent RBK advert analysis. This is because I incorporated keywords in my answer analysis. This also allowed my answer to be more clearer as the marker knows what I am talking about. Furthermore, I made sure that my answer was clear to read, ensuring that I included paragraphs which made the answer flow as well as easier to read because of the clarity in the answer. Also, I think the analysis was to a good level of detail which is a necessity in developing a good answer.

I think that the weakest work that I have produced is my personal advert (Nike). This is because the use of keyword were very limited. This didn't make my answer precise as without keywords, the answer lacks a focus as well as clarity. Also, I don't think that my response was very detailed. I think that an answer that isn't well developed is a weak answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment